Ads

Search This Blog

Yes, Jo Koy Will Talk About His Mom This Weekend

Comedian Jo Koy is having a great year, even if he isn't having a great week. He's got the flu and he's spending the holidays in airports and hotel rooms as he travels around the country doing his stand-up show. Hair Balls got to talk to him between flights, after he had just spent two hours waiting on a tarmac, but he was his usual charming self (except for a few coughs and sniffles here and there).


Hair Balls: Thanks for talking to us. I'm sure it's rough being sick while you're on the road, so we appreciate you making time for us. How are you feeling, by the way?

Jo Koy: I can't complain. I love my job, I love what I do, and everybody can't say that these days. But it is really exhausting. I went from Australia to Miami to San Francisco to Texas all this last month, so it's been busy.

But I love me some Texas, I tell you that. Texas is the best. People are just there to have fun, and to laugh. It's very much a Texas-sized welcome.

HB: We talked to Josh Wolf recently ....

JK: Why'd you talk to Josh?

HB: He was here recording a project. And he said the same thing, that Texas audiences are ready to laugh.

JK: I love Josh. He opens for Larry the Cable Guy, so he has that whole southern thing down pat.

HP: Now, you and Josh got dissed not too long ago ...

JK: What? Who dissed us?

HP: Chuy, the little person who's Chelsea Handler's sidekick on Chelsea Lately, he got all the girls at the club you all were at.

JK: Oh man! Me and Josh just killed this show and we go to a club afterwards. People were lining up for Chuy, totally passing up Josh and I. One girl even waved Josh down and he's thinking, 'Oh, she wants to talk to me.' Then she says, 'Can you introduce me to Chuy?' (Laughs) And it's so funny the way Chuy reacts, like this is totally the way it's supposed to be. He gives us that look like, 'Hey, guys, watch this. This is how it all goes down.' There was one time when we were at the theater and he disappeared. We were all like, 'Where's Chuy?' and someone said, 'Oh, he left with two girls.' We were like, "WHAT?' Then later at the club, there he was with the two girls.


HP: One of the topics you talk about a lot in your routine is your son ...

JK: That's my everything right there.

HP: But of course, if he is everything you say he is -- that is obsessed with his penis, wild, and completely uninhibited -- once he hits puberty, you all are going to be in for some trouble.

JK: It's gonna be ridiculous. He still hates girls, though, I don't get it. Like he [didn't] want to get anything for his cousin for Christmas because she's a girl. My mom says I used to be just like that though, still it's funny seeing him walk around saying, 'I don't like girls!'"

No comments:

Blog Archive